Day Out: Alive Museum Singapore at Suntec City + Some Tips - acne

Follow Us

Day Out: Alive Museum Singapore at Suntec City + Some Tips

download[4]
-

 

Day Out: Alive Museum Singapore at Suntec City + Some Tips

Alive Museum — An interactive illusion art museum brought ALIVE from Korea.


I believe it is a widely known attraction to most singaporeans. If you haven't heard of it, well, it is a museum filled with 3D, digital and object artworks that create visual illusions to trick your eyes. So what you see kinda comes to life! What's more, it's a place where you can hop into the frame and become a part of the masterpieces!
Days ago, I finally get a chance to visit this museum and I was flabbergasted by the 3D visual effects; not to mention that I had fun interacting with all the art pieces! By the way, there are more than 80 masterpieces in Alive Museum.

I'm not going to be a spoiler so I will only share a few photos...


I'm a failed ballerina... 

My leg muscles were actually aching on that day because I ran 2.4km (barefoot on a treadmill) for the past two days. So I had difficulty posing with my leg ~90 degree straight on the pole. It was like asking a man to do the spilts. Ouch!

Washing my hair in the public~ Hope I won't get fined...

T____T

Ashley .VS. Ryu
Who do you think will win the fight?

Lastly, my most favorite photo out of all...

Featuring my secret lover~ 

Whether you are a local or a tourist, if you are interested to visit Alive Museum, here are SOME TIPS for you:

- Avoid wearing white because there are a few art pieces that require to lay or sit down on the ground, which may dirty your outfit.

- Girls! Avoid wearing dress, skirt or loose tee unless you don't mind exposing your assets.

- For comfort, avoid wearing heels because most of the art pieces require to climb up and down. Side information: My friend wore heels and there was a few times where she lost her balance and was about to fall down. Hence, I don't recommend to wear heels at all.

- Be observant! Take photos from the correct perspectives. Otherwise, the photo may look distorted. Actually, some of my photos were taken at the wrong angle, not sure if you have noticed it. lol.

That's all the tips I could think of for now.

Alive Museum is located at Suntec City #03-372 (between Towers 3 & 4). Opens daily from 10am to 10pm (last admission at 9pm).

Tickets & Prices: 
For more information, check out http://www.alivemuseum.sg/

 

 

Review: The Body Shop Spa Fit Smoothing & Refining Body Scrub

We all know exfoliation is beneficial to the skin. However, exfoliation isn't only important for your face. It is also important for your body as well! The secrets to soft, dewy and healthy skin begins in the shower.

Here I have with me The Body Shop's Spa Fit Smoothing & Refining Body Scrub (200ml), which I received as a gift for Christmas last year. It has been awarded the Reader's Choice for 'best body scrub' in Her World Beauty Awards 2013.
This zesty citrus scrub contains 100% natural-origin citrus ingredients (orange, lemon, lime = rich in Vitamin C), sesame seed oils, honey and caffeine ingredients, which refines skin’s texture leaving it looking smoother and feeling firmer.

The scrub is stored in a plastic jar with an air-tight seal. Both the lid and lock are really tight fitting which I believe help to preserve the product's freshness and retain its aroma.


↑ Highly packed with Vitamin C goodness  ↑

Each time I open up the jar, there is a burst of citrus scent that revitalizes my senses.

NOTE: To maximum freshness of this natural body scrub, do not get water into the jar! I recommend to scoop the required amount that you need into a separate container like what I did, as shown in the following picture.

It contains gazillions of scrubbing particles (a mixture of soft fruits pulp and caffeine granules), which gently and effectively buff away dull-looking dead skin cells.

Directions/Usage: Massage into damp skin in a circular motion, then rinse thoroughly. Use two to three times a week. For best results, use with other products in the Spa Fit range as part of a regime.

Note: The arm featured in the following pictures belongs to my mom as I need to take the pictures. 

The scrub paste has a sticky texture like honey, but it's not thick, runny or greasy. Once water is added, it becomes creamy in consistency and can be easily rinsed off with water.

Tried & Tested!

My mom used the scrub on her right arm. Apparently, the complexion of her right arm (after) appeared significantly brighter and healthier-looking than her left arm (before).

I have to say The Body Shop Spa Fit Smoothing & Refining Body Scrub is totally invigorating and relaxing! Every time I use it, I step out of the bath feeling instantly pampered and rejuvenated! With this body scrub, now I can bid good-bye to dull skin complexion and welcome brighter, healthy-looking skin! Not only it brightens up the skin complexion, I can also feel my skin is softer and smoother to the touch! 

Having problems with dull skin complexion and dark patches on your body (especially knees, elbows and underarms)? Try this! Feel and see the difference for yourself! Get yours now at any The Body Shop outlet, retailing at SGD$42.90.

Note: Don't forget to use a body lotion/moisturizer after you exfoliate! Well, just like you'd never exfoliate your face without moisturizing after. It is important to treat your freshly scrubbed skin to a dose of much-needed hydration!

 

Innisfree Jeju Bija Anti-Trouble Facial Foam | Review

Innisfree Jeju Bija Anti-Trouble Facial Foam is a refreshing cleanser formulated with salicylic acid and *nutmeg fruits, which have powerful anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Combined with torreya seed oil which has an outstanding healing effect, it provides an effective relief for skin troubles.
*Fun Fact: The nutmeg is a rare ingredient that has endured 20 years of survival in the wild. It smoothes your skin and enhance the skin’s natural defense system.

5-FREE formula: Free of synthetic colorants, mineral oil, animal-originated ingredients, artificial fragrances, imidazolidinyl urea

It comes in a soft tube bottle with a plastic twist-off flip cap.

The opening is well sealed with a foil, so do remember to peel off the foil prior to use. Otherwise, you won't be able to squeeze out the paste.


It has a creamy paste and has a minty, herbal scent.

And when it comes into contact with water, it lathers up quickly and easily.

Usage: Squeeze out an appropriate amount, make into a lather and massage it on your face. Then, wash off with lukewarm water.

Step: Cleansing Gel — Facial Foam — Skin Lotion — Spot Essence or Spot Patch

Tried and Tested

Let's have a...

"Moisture + Oil Test"
Here's the measurement guidelines for you to refer back to later:
*P.S. Analyzing Standards:
The standard value of moisture level is 38%++, 3-5 bars (normal to very moisturized).
The standard value of oiliness (skin type) is 3 bars (normal). - means balanced, which is neither too oily nor too dry.
The standard value of cells (roughness/softness) is soft - happy face.

BEFORE Cleansing:


AFTER Cleansing:

Skin's moisture decreased from 3 bars to 2 bars; from 38% to 36%.
Oiliness decreased from 4 bars to 3 bars.
Skin's cells (.aka. skin texture) became less soft. :x

- *Results shown are prior to toner and moisturizer application.* -
What I like about this cleanser is that it gives a minty, cooling effect during cleansing, which makes my skin feels really refreshing. It cleanses pore impurities, leaving my face clean but doesn't overly strip and make my skin feels too tight. Furthermore, it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, which is great!

Unfortunately, to be honest, this Bija Anti-Trouble line did not seem to work out positively for my acne skin. I was getting more cystic acne (painful ones) after using the cleanser and toner and I have no idea why.......... FYI, currently I have switched back to Etude House AC Clinic line.

Bear in mind, our skins are different and react to product differently. So it didn't work out well for me doesn't mean that it might not work out for you.

Well, I'm not sure if you have read my post on 2015 January & March Haul. In that post, I mentioned that my friend, who is currently still dealing with acne, raved about this Bija Anti-Trouble line because it worked magically for her.

Here's the BEFORE and AFTER pictures of her acne skin:

I believe you can clearly spot the improvement.

So if you are having troubles with acne and are interested in this skincare line, go ahead, give it a try and see how your skin reacts. Who knows, it might work out for you. :)

2014 April - May Haul + Birthday Presents

I know it has been a few weeks since I last posted... I went on a vacation and just got back yesterday so pardon me for not updating this blog or replying to any of the emails and comments you readers sent in. Rest assured, I will reply within this week. 

As the month of May is coming to an end, I decided that it's time to write a haul post~! The last time I did a haul was in March so this time, I'm going to share the haul for the month of April & May! Well, I did not get much beauty stuff this two months but I received some beauty-related stuff as birthday presents so I thought I'd show you the presents too. I will put a present icon() beside the item name to indicate my birthday present~  Erm...as you may or may not know, I turned 22 six days ago! wheeeee~

I'm not going to write a wordy post. I gonna flood this post with pictures instead. So without further ado, I shall start off with masks, followed by skincare, makeup, health products and other misc.~
Nature Republic Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel

 "My Beauty Diary" — My favorite mask brand:
- Strawberry Yogurt
- Apple Polyphenol
- Black Pearl 
- Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing
My Beauty Diary:
(Top left to right to Bottom left-right)
- Cavier
- Black Pearl
- Royal Jelly
- Collagen Firming
- Imperial Bird Nest
- Arbutin Whitening
- Rice
- Lemon Vit-C
Just in case, you are wondering how come I could get them in loose pieces...... Well, each box contains 10 pieces so my friends and I bought different boxes that serve different purposes and then we did an exchange. 
 My Beauty Diary Aloe Mask~!

 ZINO Dark Circle Removal Golden Eye Mask
Etude House Baking Powder Crunch Pore Scrub
The Face Shop New Zealand Volcanic Clay Blackhead Charcoal Nose Strip
The Face Shop New Zealand Volcanic Clay Blackhead Heating Gel Mask
Etude House AC Clinic Intense Extractor
innisfree 
 eco science white C pore double serum
 the green tea seed serum
No-Sebum Mineral Pact
Nivea Lip Balm
Clean&Clear Oil Control Film
Tony Moly Petite Bunny Gloss Bar in #03(Apple) and #09(Neon Red)
The Face Shop Face it Power Perfection BB Cream
Biore Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover
Silkygirl Nail Polish Remover
Optrex Eye Lotion
Complete Blink-N-Clean Lens Drops for contact lenses
Optrex Eye Drops
Perfume Atomizer

Unicity Super Chlorophyll Powder

Redoxon Double Action Vitamin C + Zinc
 FENDI Sunglasses
 Braun Silk Epil 7 SkinSpa 7951
it comes with a free Braun Silk Epil Bikini Styler.
Mipow Power Tube 4000mah
XiaoMi Power Bank 10400mah 
Monopod in black and Red Remote Shutter
The monopod is very useful if you want to take a group photo, portrait photo with a nice scenery background or video but I think it looks funny and silly using it in public.  I love the remote shutter though~ 
Mcdonald's Hello Kitty Bubbly World Set!!
Lastly, ... 
I received this incredible handmade 3D Origami Hello Kitty from one of my besties~ I was impressed lah!  This is an amazing piece of art!

Alright, that's all the things I picked up and received this two months. Stay tuned for the next update. 
0 Mayu kana' jhek rasarah jhek kun becah malolo tang blog rea mara komentari blog rea se ajudul "Day Out: Alive Museum Singapore at Suntec City + Some Tips "

Back To Top