Review: Benzac AC 2.5% & 5% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Gel - acne

Follow Us

Review: Benzac AC 2.5% & 5% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Gel

download[4]
-

Review: Benzac AC 2.5% & 5% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Gel

Benzac AC Gel is an acne spot treatment formulated with active acne ingredient, Benzoyl Peroxide, that unblocks pores with a mild peeling effect and clears pimples and blackheads without drying skin.

Benzac AC Gel in 2.5% Strength

With it's unique Acrylates Copolymer (AC) Technology, it absorbs sebumand releases glycerin to help hydrate skin. It is dermatologically-tested, safe and gentle and it claims to kill pimples' bacteria within 48 hours.


It is available in 3 strengths — 2.5%5% and 10%.

Usage: Apply to affected areas once or twice daily or as directed by dermatologist.

Benzac AC Gel comes in a squeezable tube, like a toothpaste tube, with a plastic twist-off cap. Each tube weighs 60g.

The gel has a watery-creamy texture.

The skin may feel sticky when the gel is applied, but once the gel gets absorbed into the skin, there is no sticky or greasy feel.

Tried & Tested
FYI, I am a user of Salicylic Acid, an active acne ingredient which is gentler than Benzoyl Peroxide. As Salicylic Acid is still working well on my acne (both inflamed and non-inflamed), I don't really want to switch to Benzoyl Peroxide. However, Salicylic Acid takes a week or two to treat my *cystic acne; I can't wait that long to get rid of these kind of pimples because they are generally painful to the touch and can be very annoying. (P.S: I have been getting a few cystic acne recently.) Therefore, I decided to use Benzoyl Peroxide on them.

*Cystic Acne: They are generally big, red, painful and pus-filled.

I got a mini sample tube of Benzac AC Gel in 5% strength:
I have tried it and it did heal my cystic pimples however, I think 5% strength is slightly strong for my sensitive skin as it caused the area where I applied the cream to turn red and itchy. So I decided to reduce the strength and try the 2.5% one. Although it is 2.5%, it is still as effective as 5%.

Within 12 hours of applying the gel on my cystic pimples, my pimples were much smaller and a lot less painful. Within 48 hours, they became flat! I swear the results were amazing on my pimples — fast and effective!

Here's the illustration of the healing process of one of my cystic pimples:
The only drawback is drying. In my opinion, the 2.5% strength is less drying than the 5% one. It may still dry out the skin and cause the skin to peel but well, being able to get rid of big, red and painful zit in 2 days, [...] it's all worth it lah! Anyway, the 2.5% strength did not irritate my sensitive skin hence, I think it is sensitive skin friendly.

If you are having trouble with cystic acne, I recommend to give this a try and let me know your thoughts after trying, yeah~? I'd love to know how it goes for you! :)


Pregnancy Acne Cleared!

Oh my goodness! I finally cleared my skin and i am super duper happy!!! It's been a horrible 2 months for me suffering from acne and blemishes like never before. Ok, i'm lying...it's been probably 2 years since i last face such severe skin issues. Haha. 

Anyway, i REALLY give thanks to this 4 products!


1. Belli Anti-Blemish Facial Wash
(can also be left on your skin for like 10 min as a wash-off mask)

2. Belli Acne Control Spot Treatment

3. La-Roche Posay Effaclar Facial Wash
Available at most Guardians and Watsons in Singapore.

4. Albion Skin Conditioner
You can get this from Takashimaya Albion Counter in Singapore.

This 4 products have turned my skin around and have gained my confidence back (well sorta....).

Also, i have to thank Atlas Medical Clinic for being ever so patient with me and helping me do extraction on my skin when it was super congested! That must've helped clear up my skin too.

I'm sorry but i did not take any pictures of my skin due to self-esteem issues i've been facing (sigh i really think it's the pregnancy hormones making me feel so horrible about myself). But i really swear by this 4 products which has saved my skin.

If you are pregnant and facing acne problems, please try the 4 items out! I hope it will work as well on you as it worked for me. 

Oh actually you don't have to be pregnant to use Belli, ANYONE with acne prone skin can use it to help get rid of acne! It may be a bit weird to use a "pregnancy" product when you aren't preggers but hey, if it worked well on my acne skin, why not! This will be my go to product even after pregnancy I'm sure! That is, if it'll still work next time...idk why but products stop working on my skin after long usage that's why I'm always changing. The ingredients are very safe for pregnancy that's why it's a recommended product for pregnant women.

It was super difficult to find a good product. I've tried SO MANY in the past few months and most made my skin worse. Many products which worked for me in the past were unsuitable for pregnancy due to the ingredients it contained so i did some research and found Belli. Delivery took like a week, which was totally ok with me because i saw improvement in 3 days after using the products!

So my routine is super simple during the period i was trying to resolve my horrible skin.

In the morning, i wash my face with La-Roche Posay Effaclar and Pat Albion Skin Conditioner before putting my usual make up (primer, concealer, foundation blah). 
At night, i use my Shu Uemura Oil Cleanser to remove my make up, then use Belli Facial Wash and Apply the Spot Control Treatment. On some nights, i leave the facial wash on for about 5-10 min before washing it off. I don't really know if it's working well but since they claim it's a versatile product and can be used as i wash off mask i decided to do that haha.

Belli does feel drying on my skin and my skin is really pretty dry now but it's so SOOOO much better than congested and pimply skin for sure. 

I will start to slap on a good moisturizer now and hope i don't start breaking out again. It's like during pregnancy, my skin is SO DIFFERENT! Super sensitive and acne prone :( Hoping it'll go back to normal after i give birth man.

Now i need not pile on so much make up to cover up my bad skin because my skin is CLEARED! FINALLY. Ya...i know i shouldnt even have piled on make up on my bad skin because that will just make it worse but i really feel very crappy if i do not cover up the pimples and blemishes and i'd not want to see anyone or go out.



Post-Partum (Week 4)






 

Oh my!! A month just flew by *like that*?! Baby E looks so much bigger now. He is now around 4.2kg (Was 3.46kg when born 4 weeks back)! Babies grow pretty fast man.

Baby Elroy's 2-Day full month party happens this weekend and I AM EXCITED. Excited because I get to see many of my friends on Day 1 and the good food selection for the formal dinner happening on Day 2. Baby E won't rmb anything so...it's more like a celebration for his parents haha.

This year my birthday ain't the same. I am a mummy this year! I don't want to receive gifts for myself at all? When my friends asked what I want for my birthday this year, I'm like, nothing for me but if you do wanna get something, get it for Elroy! Ayy actually, everyday is Elroy Day! I just wanna buy stuff for him ALL THE TIME. Mummy doesn't want anything anymore now that she has you hehe!

My baby boy is suffering from a serious case of rashes/acne on his face though. Read online and this is what i found...

What it is: Infant acne is just what you think it is — pimples and whiteheads on baby's (once) pristine skin. About 40 percent of babies develop infant acne, which commonly begins at two to three weeks of age and is usually gone well before your baby is six months old (which happens to be a terrific time to schedule those professional pics!). Luckily, infant acne does not bother your baby a bit, and it does not leave permanent scars, as the grown-up kind can.

What causes it: Hormones are a prime suspect. In this case, it's Mom's hormones, which are still circulating in baby's bloodstream and stimulating baby's sweat glands. What's more, the pores in a baby's skin are not yet fully developed and therefore clog easily.

What you can do about it: Unfortunately, there's not much you can do about infant acne except to wash it, watch it, and wait. Cleanse the area with water only, two or three times a day, and pat it dry gently. Resist the urge to squeeze or scrub it, wash with soap, or use any lotions or potions meant for bigger people. (Be aware: You notice it more than anyone else!)  

 It looks so scary. Super worrying because it doesn't seem to be getting better. :( The doctor kept reassuring me that it is fine and it will go away on its own. She didnt prescribe him anything to apply cus she said it's normal.

Speaking about skin...Can I also share my recent skincare regime?

Using a 100% natural product produced by my body? Haha.

Yes...

The very powerful...

BREAST MILK!!!!

I had a pimple one day and remembered my nurse telling me how wonderful breast milk is and so I dap some milk on the pimple and the next day it was GONE?! I was so happy!! Then since it worked, the following night I decided to pour some on a cotton pad and apply it all over my face, like a toner, and pat the goodness in. I swear I woke up with skin so clear and bright! It has to be the breastmilk because I didn't apply any other products on top of it. So it looks like I'll have better skin till I stop breastfeeding?? Another reason to breast feed and keep me going!

Some people may think it's "disgusting" but hey, you're willing to use and drink milk from a COW...so what's so gross about using your own milk which you feed your baby and he ingests. It's weird some people think it's gross!

So many other benefits of breastmilk besides keeping your baby full and healthy!

There are SO many benefits and i recommend every new momma to breasfeed if you can.

Here are some reasons why...

Breastfed Babies are healthier. 
Lesser visits to the doctor! Save $

Breastmilk is FREE!

It decreases your risk of breast cancer

Shrinks mother's uterus and help you regain your figure quickly
"The uterus of the non-breastfeeding mother will never shrink back to its pre-pregnant size. It will always remain slightly enlarged."

Allows you to eat more without gaining weight
"Breastfeeding requires an average of 500 extra calories per day"

Besides feeding your baby, there are other uses for breastmilk too!

Clears Ear Infections
Just “put a few drops of breast milk in the ear canal every few hours.

Heals Cuts and Scrapes
Breastmilk is actually a natural antiseptic, and it can be used to soothe and promote healing of cuts and scrapes.

Reduces Itching from Bites
The antiseptic and antibacterial properties of breastmilk can reduce itching and promote healing of insect bites and stings.

Relieves Sore Throat
Gargle with breastmilk to help fight off a sore throat

Can be used as Contact Lens Solution
Did you get something on your contact, but you don’t have saline solution handy? Clean it with some expressed breastmilk!

Get Rid of Puffy Eyes
If you don’t have cucumber slices for your puffy eyes, saturate two cotton balls with cold breastmilk.

Moisten Chapped Lips
If you run out of lip balm and need instant relief, rub some breastmilk on your lips.

Clears Acne
Use a mixture of breastmilk and coconut oil on a cotton ball to help clear up acne in teens and adults.


&&& MANY MORE!
Last update, I told yall I was hoping to be 55kg this week. Well...IT DIDNT HAPPEN. Hahaha. I'm stuck at 60kg. That gives me a BMI of 21? Which is in the normal range lah so im not fat! But kinda on the high side for me which i still need to accept and get used to cus most of my life I've had a BMI of 18. Guess I'm eating way too much that breastfeeding ain't helping me lose any weight. So if you didn't read my previous post, I gained around 20kg and have already lost 10kg at the end of Week 2. I was kinda disappointed to not see a change in the numbers after 2 weeks but I also kinda expected it? After all I'm BFing and it won't be good to lose too much. My friends think I don't look 60kg though! Which I think is a great compliment. My face doesn't look bloated anymore and my nose looks smaller. When I was pregnant I had a super bulbous nose and a swollen face! Was so worried I'd forever stay that way but thank goodness I'm looking norm now *happy* :)

Appointment for my treatment for slimmer thighs happens next Tuesday! WOOHOO! Never really believed in such treatments so we'll see if it really works or not since I'm bigger now and would be able to see an obvious difference if it works. I wish I could exercise (missing my long runs) cus I know for me that's the fastest way to shed the extra weight. Just went for my check up today and the doctor said i can start doing light exercises in 2 weeks time. My c-section wound healed up so nicely btw! Looking forward to step into the gym! My arms, thighs and butt are in need of major toning up! The tummy has to wait though. :(

Done with "Post-Partum" for updates now! Will do the next Post-Partum update next month!





BEAUTI INSTINCT

Recently visited Beauti Instinct for 2 facial treatments! I always make it a point to go for treatments at least once a month...or every 2 months. It's good to pamper and fix your skin by a professional from time to time!

1) SOFT LASER PHOTO THERAPY FOR TROUBLE SKIN (From Japan)
( Black/ White Heads, Open Pores, Uneven Skin Tone, Acne Skin)

Usual Price: S$ 239.00 Great Deal Promotion: S$ 59.00

Soft laser photo therapy is the newest phototherapy equipment where the PTF light penetrates through the skin and it enhances the elasticity of subcutaneous connective tissues. It increases the enzymes that help reduce acne and accelerates the synthesis of collagen protein, improves skin condition thus offers effective treatments for ACNE. Once the acne starts to dry up depending on every individual skin, a normal skin will appear and leaves a smoother skin surface. Patients with severe sun damaged skin, tone changes and skin laxity will also see improvement in the quality of their skin

After 6-10 sessions

After 4 sessions

Oxygenating Ampoules ( From France )

Usual Price: S$ 100.00 Great Deal Promotion: S$ 50..00

Boosting and oxygenating effect giving skin radiance
Activates cell renewal and cellular breathing
Skin cells are regenerated
Maintains skin hydration on the superficial layers


2) HONEY OXYGENATING TREATMENT ( From France )
( Radiance and Cell Repair )

Usual Price: S$ 269.00 Great Deal Promotion: S$ 149..00

Honey Oxygen is a treatment that helps to eliminate the dead cells and give more radiance, moisture and regenerate the skin. It also helps to softens and make the skin even smoother.

This treatment is best recommended for:
Dull and tired skin., Smokers Skin, Dehydrated Skin, Matured Skin, Uneven Skin Tone

Benefits: 
 Brighten, revitalize dull and toneless Skin

Here's my bare face without foundation!


My skin is still far from perfect but i believe one day it'll be if i continue taking good care of it! 

Toner

Ok, here's a product i'm going to introduce to you that'll help you achieve good skin. There are many steps to achieving good skin and one important step is to apply TONER.

What does a toner do?
It helps remove impurities which your makeup remover might have missed.

Your daily skin care routine for flawless skin should be like this,
Remove your make up with a cotton pad > Wash your face with a facial cleanser > Apply toner with a cotton pad > Apply your moisturizer, serum etc. > Apply mask every 2-3 days

I found a toner which is excellent AND CHEAP!



I have TONS of skin care products. Some good, some bad. Of course i wouldn't wanna tell you which is bad cus what may be bad to me may not be bad to other people. I am always trying new skincare products if you don't already know. When i say a product is good, trust me k? Not paid to do this. :) 

It's less than $10 from Watsons/Guardian. GET IT! :D

Alternatively, you can buy Witch Hazel and Rose Water separately! Here's why!

Witch Hazel
Treat Acne: Witch hazel can reduce the inflammation on a pimple. Some people claim daily use helps with acne, and witch hazel can be found in many over-the-counter treatments.


Shrink Eyebags: Some people say that the application of hemorrhoid cream to those little baggies under your eyes can take them away. It's not an old wives' tale. One of the magic ingredients in a product like Preparation H is witch hazel, which helps tighten up the skin and reduce the bagginess.


Heal Bruises: But if you bang your leg or arm and are left with a nasty bruise, a thrice-daily dab of witch hazel can help speed up the healing time of the bruise.


Rose Water
Use It As A Setting Spray:
Rose water works amazingly as a makeup setting spray. These days you can get rose water in a spray bottle. Keep it on your vanity table and spritz a little bit after you have finished doing your makeup and it will set it into place. It is the best thing to use if you feel that your foundation is a bit powdery or too matte, it will give you a very nice healthy and dewy finish.

Use it to remove your makeup:
Pour a littel on a a cotton ball and gently rub in a circular motion on the face and around the eyes yo remove makeup.

Use As A Toner:
It can be used as a natural facial toner because rose water helps to absorb excess oil from the skin without leaving a drying effect. Make your own by combining 1 1/4 cups of rose water, eight drops of glycerin and 3/4 cup of witch hazel in a dark glass bottle (this is important because you do not want light to affect the mixture). Shake the bottle well before use, and apply daily with cotton balls or swabs. Rose water toner is perfect to combat acne.

Use As An Anti-Wrinkle Agent:
Apply rose water to your face to tighten pores and prevent wrinkles. Acting as an astringent with anti-inflammatory agents, the rose water will help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

Use For Irritated Eyes:
Using makeup and eyeshadows regularly can make your eyes feel dry and irritated. Rose water is very effective for irritation, redness and inflammation of eye. Put 2-3 drops in the eye 2-3 times a day.

Get Rid Of Excessively Dry or Oily Skin:
Rose water helps to balance the pH of the skin, helping to control both dry and oily skin and can soothe many types of dermatitis.

Get rid of Acne & Black Heades:
Rose water is also used to treat pimples and to get rid of blackheads. The rose petals have antibacaterial properties and are soothing to the skin. Mix rose water with lemon juice and applying to the skin twice a week . Another way to use rose water is to boil petals in water and steam the face for ten minutes.

Get Rid Of Itchy Scalp & Induce Hair Growth:
As rose water is anti-inflammatory and reduces dryness it it really good for dry itchy scalp. Rinse your head with rosewater mixed in water. It also nourishes the hair and induces hair growth by increasing the blood flow.

Use To Relieve Headaches:
Use a little bit of rose water on a cotton ball and apply around the eyes, forehead and temples to soothe headaches.


Beauti Instinct

Visited Beauti Instinct to get a more radiant complexion! I have no more break outs and i am so thankful! However, it still isn't naturally glowy and radiant so i decided to pay Beauti Instinct a visit to do some heavy moisturizing! (if you are interested in treatments for acne skin, check this post out)

I did all 3 of the treatments below and results lasted about a week. :)





Silkpeel Diamond Dermabrasion with Dermalinfusion 
This treatment aids in polishing dead skin cells whilst simultaneously cleansing the pores. This treatment treats skin condition such as fine lines, wrinkles, acne and acne scarring, pigmented areas and sun damaged skin.

Benefits:
Stimulates new cells growth
Improve skin texture improves
Instant radiances
Hydrates skin
Refine open pores
Leaves skin looking healthier, smoother, revitalized and radiance

HONEY OXYGEN TREATMENT(from France)
Honey Oxygen treatment(from France) helps to eliminate the dead cells and give more radiance, moisture and regenerate the skin. It also helps to softens and make the skin smoother.

Recommend for:
Dull and tired skin
Smoker skin
Dehydrated skin
Matured skin
Uneven skin tone

OXYGEN AMPOULES(from France)

Benefits:
Boosting and oxygenating effect giving skin radiance
Activates cell renewal and cellular breathing
Skin cells are regenerated
Maintains skin hydration on the superficial layers

EACH TREATMENT WILL COST YOU $99 WHEN YOU QUOTE "OHSOFICKLE"! You can just try out one treatment or you can do all 3!

CALL +(65) 6733 9149 FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT!


My last treatment at Beauti Instinct, i tried the new machine Aunty R just brought in! Did a Crystal Peel (exfoliating of skin) and followed by the Oxygen Facial! Really understand why Madonna recommended it on her Web site and in an interview with Harper's Bazaar! It is a really good treatment for your skin!

Many celebrities are doing the treatment because it temporarily diminishes all the tiny imperfections that would otherwise be visible on high-definition TV.

Here's a video i found of the treatment:



What it is
An oxygen facial is basically a high-pressure blast of oxygen that feeds serums packed with vitamins, minerals and collagen into your skin. The result is a clearer, plumper smoother face and a younger looking you. An immediate change in appearance is common. In fact, it’s been described as the equivalent of two weeks in the Swiss Alps in an hour and a half.

What it does
Oxygen levels in the skin diminish considerably with age, smoking and exposure to air pollution. Some claim the oxygen levels reaching your facial tissues via natural blood micro-circulation can drop by as much as 70% by the time you’re just 30. In other words, the less oxygen in your skin - or to be precise, in the epidermis, the top layer of skin - the more visible fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of ageing.

An oxygen facial works by super-charging oxygen levels in the skin, resulting in better circulation and skin cell regeneration which, between them, leave the skin glowing. It’s good for making you look younger, reducing greyness, rosacea, healing bruising, and general wear and tear. A purifier, oxygen also kills surface bacteria which helps to keep skin clear.

How you feel
An oxygen facial is not a relaxing experience. Most oxygen facials begin with ten minutes or so of exfoliation or microdermabrasion (where the top layer of the skin is taken away to expose the younger, smoother skin beneath). The therapist will work with a nozzle that puffs chilly oxygen into the skin, pushing in a nourishing serum as it goes within.You’re then allowed to relax with a pampering face mask before emerging (all being well) looking as if you’ve just spent a month in the Great Outdoors.

Virtually anyone can have an oxygen facial without risk. A non-surgical treatment, it is recommended to people with acne-prone or scarred skin. If you have a skin allergy or condition, make sure you tell your therapist about them. If at any time you feel uncomfortable, or you feel your skin becoming very sensitive, speak up.

There's also another treatment which is - Oxygen Inhalation.
· Heightens concentration, alertness and memory
· Oxygen is vital to your immune system, memory, thinking and sight
· Promotes healing and counters aging
· Good for smokers and tired skin
· Repair and radiates Skin Cells
· Provides a natural remedy for headaches, migraines and hangovers
· Lessens Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and gives you better sleep patterns

Testimonials from Celebrities doing Oxygen Infused Treatments :
Madonna;
“I love the treatments, so does my face”.

Eva Longoria;
“The treatments are a necessity before every major event”.

Naomi Campbell;
" When constantly traveling I get dehydrated and the treatment is an absolute necessity to replenish my skin".

Justin Timberlake;
“It makes my skin look dope”.

Kate Perry;
"I use oxygen skin treatment to hydrate my skin and give me that fresh, well slept glowing look before any performance or appearance".

John Galliano;
"I am in the business of beauty and perfection and this is the ultimate secret weapon".

Miranda Kerr;
"Oxygen infused treatment facials leave my skin glowing and radiant!".

Mezhgan Hussainy Leading Makeup Artist American Idol;
“Oxygen Infusion treatments do what no other product on the market can do! I’ve watched skin’s look and feel change right before my eyes. The infusions instant results make it a must have backstage at American Idol”

Fergie;
" When I'm on the road it's important to take care of my skin".

Michelle Peck;
“In just one 20 minute treatment, skin looks and feels rejuvenated, radiant, moisturized and fresh”.

Gina Brooke;
"The Oxygen Infusion is the most effective way to achieve beautiful skin and flawless results."
The treatment i did before the Oxygen Facial was Crystal Peel Therapy.

Crystal peeling is a Dermabrasion that helps to exfoliate the outer layer of dead skin with a procedure which blasts sterile Corundum Crystal to the skin surface.

This procedure enables the dead cells to be abraded and then whisked away by vacuum suction. New skin growth is subsequently stimulated, leaving your skin smoother, brighter, firmer and blemish free. A weekly course of six to ten sessions is recommended for optimal results.

This treatment is particularly recommended for people with sallow skin, post acne scars, congested, thick and oily skin. For those with post acne scars, multiple sessions will reduce the depth of scarring, producing a more even complexion. With the combination of the Oxygen Infusion Treatment, the results will be greatly enhanced. Results….. a clearer, fairer and radiant complexion.

HERE'S A PROMO ONLY FOR OSF READERS:

1st TRIAL SESSIONS Oxygen Inhalation Therapy @ $39.00

1st TRIAL SESSIONS Crystal Peel Therapy @ $69.00

1st TRIAL SESSIONS Oxygen Infusion + Inhalation Therapy + 1 Oxygenating Serum
@ $109.00
Please Quote: Ohsofickle Breathe To Beauty Therapy

1st TRIAL SESSIONS Crystal Peel Therapy + Oxygen Infusion + Inhalation + 1 Oxygenating Serum
@ $159.00 (this is the one i did!)
Please Quote: Ohsofickle Skin Renewal Programme

Beauti Instinct
545 Orchard Rd #03-14 Far East Shopping Centre (the one beside Hilton Hotel)
Tel: 67339149
***Please mention that you're a reader of OHSOFICKLE to enjoy the above benefits.
Opening Hours: Monday – Saturday 11am to 8pm
Can't wait for my next treatment!













Bought a lot of random things today! This is one of the randoms...

Tag : acne
0 Mayu kana' jhek rasarah jhek kun becah malolo tang blog rea mara komentari blog rea se ajudul "Review: Benzac AC 2.5% & 5% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Gel"

Back To Top